Saturday, November 8, 2014

Fresh Pasta: Spaghetti & Fettuccine

This is where the magic happens...  (hint: replace fairy dust with generous handfuls of flour)



Combine one nonna, one over-excited granddaughter, a well-oiled pasta machine, and a couple of hours after lunch...

 Fresh pasta.



Fresh pasta was the bread and butter of Nonna's upbringing in the village in Italy.  I don't need to spell out how synonymous pasta is with the Italian way of life, but I assure you that it's not a cliche.
Pasta is verrrrry necessary. 



I promise I cranked the handle too, and did a reasonable amount of kneading...



There are three unique pasta shapes/types to Nonna's own tiny village which makes me wonder how many pasta shapes Italy has produced.  Can a hedge a bet at 50,000?



Nonna reminded me that there wasn't always a pasta machine on hand, and demonstrated the way to make the fettucine village-style.



Tossed through lots of fairy dust/flour...



Magic.





No comments:

Post a Comment